Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I made this lovely quiche last night for dinner. It is rather easy to make and is pretty tasty. I have made it a couple of times now, in various forms. I will post the Vegetarian version, but it can be made for the meat eater too. Not only have I gotten a few compliments regarding this dish, my very picky Son gobbles it right up! Enjoy!

Quiche me baby

Filling ingredients
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cp Heavy cream
dash of salt & pepper
1 cup of Spinach (frozen or canned) You can use 2 cups of fresh spinach instead
2 lg links of veggie sausage ( I use Field Harvest smoked apple sage sausage) cooked & crumble
1 cup of grated cheese , Cheddar or Swiss works well

Crust ingredients
1 1/2 cup Flour
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp salt
2 Tb Sugar
2 Tb Milk

First blend all crust ingredients in food processor until it forms a corn meal texture. Dump into deep dish pie plate. Starting with sides, pat mixture to cover all sides of pie dish. Bake at 400 degrees for 10mins. Set aside to cool.

Combine eggs, cream, salt, pepper in blender or mixer. Add spinach and cheese, mix with spoon. Spread out half of your crumbled and browned sausage to bottom of pie crust. Pour egg mixture over sausage. Add rest of sausage. Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50mins, or until a knife yields clean.

No comments: