Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What a day at the Auction!
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! On Saturday we went to a local Auction. It was so much fun! There were so many wonderful finds just waiting for a new home :) Husband and I went with a budget in mind. This way we did not go crazy and buy a bunch of stuff we did not need. Generally we are pretty good about not buying to much stuff. The auction was on a huge farm and it was beautiful! They were even auctioning pigs! This was only my 2nd auction ever, so it was pretty exciting. We did mange to pick up some lovely new pieces of furniture!
When I walked into the first barn, there sat this desk! I fell in love with it the second I saw it! I waited around forever until they were ready to auction it off! And to my surprise we won!! It was a steal for only $47.50!! It is now made its home in our dining room as a side board!
I love it!
♥♥

We also swiped up these to lovelies! The black rocker isn't that old, but was in near perfect condition and matches our dining room :) It also was only $30! I also could not leave without this cute as can be little thatched chair! It needed a good home and a good cleaning! My son loves it and it was only $15! You can go wrong for that!

Well sweets I best get back to work...Lots of painting, gardening and paneling removal in my future! Have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

♥♥♥

2 comments:

Waterrose said...

Oh I love auctions! Not as many here in Arizona as there were in Ohio...plus back east houses are jamb packed with cool stuff! Looks like you found some cool things!

twiddlestix said...

Love, love auctions!! I wish I was there with you! I haven't been to one in many years. Looks like you got a couple of great deals!