Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Wednesday!!!!
It has been a long week and it is only Wednesday. So much has been going on over here. Hmmm...where to begin! Well besides being sick since last Tuesday and attending a funeral it really hasn't been a happy past week! But on a better note, Spring has arrived! It has been warm, sunny and all the plants are a blooming! I have been out doing yard work for days hoping the sun will help my congestion..but no luck :( What kind of freak form of virus do I have? Blah!

One Thing I got accomplished was this terrarium. I had been hunting around looking for the perfect jar to house my little cacti! I think this one works pretty well! Now it's home is the center of my dining room table! I love it!! I think I may even make another!

Because yesterday was Earth day I thought I may share a little bit of things I do to try to make less waste around my house. I recycle all of my cans, glass, plastic, magazines and newspapers. I am also starting a small compost heap in my backyard to further cut down our trash. We use cloth napkins and dish towels instead of paper napkins and paper towels. And I recently started a "no waste" policy in my studio! I keep all scrap fabric to use in patch work projects or just small projects. I also re-use all the fabric, zipper, and thread cut offs by shredding them and making them into filler for pillows, pincushions, and sachets! Ok enough about me, I would love to hear any great ideas, and or things that you and your family do to recycle and re-use! Please post them in the comments below :)

Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

MarmeeCraft said...

Lovely,indeed!!

Thanks for your comment over at my new nook! :)

twiddlestix said...

Hey there! I just wanted to tell you that I saw your work on Onthedotcreations blog! Congrats!