Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Cool fall days bring the aroma of the best comfort foods! I know I am not the only one to enjoy all the yummy treats this time of year brings! Yesterday I decided to make some Veggie Chili for dinner. I love this dish so much that I have to pace my self from eating it all! I think chili is the perfect fall food. Beautiful colors, hearty flavor and a little heat!My veggie Chili recipe:
Ingredients:
Plum tomatoes
Kidney beans
black beans
cannelloni beans
2 TBS tomato paste
Meat/ meat substitute
Red onion
garlic
Salt & Pepper
Cumin
Red pepper
* *
First saute red onion, garlic, salt & pepper,cumin,tomato paste. After the onions have cooked a little add your meat/meat sub. Cook until meat is done.
Next in large pot or crock pot put all your beans and tomatoes. After about 20mins I add the meat/meat sub. Add some water to for desired consistency . Let cook for about 1 hour.
Dish out chili with a sprinkle of Colby cheese and some tortillas!
Yum!
***************************************


Now after eating all that yummy chili you will need a nap! So grab your sleep mask and sleepers and hit the hay :)
Happy Tuesday!
xoxo

2 comments:

dogwood said...

Sounds yummy! I love veggie chili!

Start To Finish Supplies said...

I love chili and I am always looking for new recipes to try. Thanks for sharing!