Monday, December 22, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...
Wow! What a whirl wind month this has been! Bust craftacular was amazing! I had so much fun and it was pleasure meeting so many people (customers, fellow etsians, etsy staff)! I am still trying to recover from the sleep deprivation that came with the craftacular, but it was worth it! I want to extend a huge thank you to all the ity-bity fans that made it a perfect and fun event! I have to say I was pretty nervous about what I was walking into. I had heard all of these horror stories involving tables, parking, and etc. Everything in my case when on with out a hitch! Thank you Bust!

In other news..it snow like a billion feet here in PA! Ok, maybe not a billion but over a foot. So we have been stuck shoveling and making gingerbread houses all weekend. I guess being snowed in is not so bad after all :)
We have finished decking the halls in our cozy home. Even though our walls are only half painted I still think the tree looks good! Our tree theme color is red/green and kind of woodland. My Husband thinks we need more ornaments, but I like it a little sparse!
This is one of my favorite ornaments (that doesn't go with our theme). It is one of the only ornaments from my childhood. A delicate blown glass ballerina with sparkly Tu-tu! I have to say Christmas is one of my favorite holidays!
This year Christmas dinner with the family will be at our house! So I have been running around trying to get everything just right. Here is the menu I picked:

Apricot/mustard glazed ham

Au gratin potatoes

Glazed carrots

*****

Linzer cookies

Homemade marshmallows

Chocolate ganache cake

(if you would like any of these recipes just let me know!)




I hope everyone has a magical Christmas and holiday season! I have many new ideas floating around in my head that I can't wait to share!

Cheers, Lisa

xoxoxox



No comments: