Thursday, June 18, 2009

I have been so behind in blog posting that my poor little blog has become beyond sad. I have been so busy as of late and finding the time is a pain. But I am trying :) Over the past weekend we had a little family outing. We packed up a lunch and headed to NYC for a day at the MNH! It was my Sons first visit (I still think he is a little young) I think he enjoyed it, but it was a long and tiring day. I thought I would share some snippets of my adventure!Here are some Buffalo! I can't tell you enough how much a love the diorama/ taxidermy exhibits at the MNH. They look so real you just want to touch the animals! So beautiful! There is so many animals and I took a load of pics. They even had a squid diorama!
Next on my list of favs was the woolly mammoth. I wish I could see one of these big boys a live. It must have been magnificent!
This hand carved boat is part of the Pacific islander exhibit. It was a truly amazing piece of craftsman ship! My Husband ogled it for 1/2 hour! It really was pretty amazing.

As luck would have it we went during there frogs from around the world exhibit. It only runs for a short time. It was pretty cool! I have never seen such an array of different frogs in my life! I had a few fav frogs, but this guy was one of a kind. He just had this stare. He kind of reminded me of Christopher Walken! Ha!




My surprisingly favorite exhibit (and my Sons favorite) was the rock and mineral wing. It was really amazing how some thing so beautiful and unusually happens so naturally.

So that was the end of our NYC little trip. The next day Sunday resulted in a hike in the woods that went terrible wrong! So it was kind of half a lovely weekend, half the weekend from hell.
Maybe this weekend will be more relaxing!
xoxoxo





No comments: