They passed out cool little freebies for the kids and throw candy. Because my Son is allergic to corn A.K.A everything. This always poses a problem, because he can't eat the candy they give out. So we went home after the parade and made yummy cake. It is, I swear to you a really good cake. It is made without wheat, corn syrup crap or anything else most people are allergic too. We topped the cake with strawberries and whipped cream! Yummy! So here it is *drum roll* the...
Chocolate cake recipe:
2cps of Buckwheat flour
2 cps of sugar
3/4 cp cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
2 tsp baking soda
1 extra large egg (I use brown eggs)
1 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk
1 cp of vegetable oil (made without corn)
1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (sometimes contains corn)
1 cp of boiling water
1. preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. spray 9x13 pan with veg. or olive oil spray (or you could use shortening)
3. mix all the ingredients in the bowl on medium speed until smooth
4.pour into pan, bake for 1 hour or until you can stick and a knife in it and pull it out clean.
Quart of fresh strawberries
1 cp of sugar
1 cp of water
1. slice and wash strawberries and toss into small pan.
2. add sugar and water to strawberries and mix in pan on stove top.
3. Put stove top on med heat.
4. Let strawberries cook down. Mix occasionally. It takes about 20 mins.
Let cool and add to cake for topping.
I also made whipped cream from just whipping heavy cream. You do have to be careful, because some heavy creams have corn in them. It really is a shame how much food they put crap in these days. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this super moist yummy, most allergy free cake!