Thursday, April 30, 2009

shhh....
I am completely obsessed with the Beales. I had never heard of them until about 8 years ago or so. I read an article about them and Jackie Kennedy. I found the whole thing very intriguing. I read a little bit about them, and then life push the Beales to the back of my brain. One day while searching on netflix a couple of years ago I stumbled upon Grey Gardens the documentary. I new I must see this.

After watching this stunning piece of work I realized why I was so fascinated by these 2 women. They reminded me of my family. This may seem strange to people but my Grandmother was a shut in of sorts. She lived in a large old house that was falling down around her. She never worked a day in her life and seemed to push away the 21st century. This week the New York times has some wonderful photos from the Beales house. To most this may be shocking. To me it brings back memories.

No comments: