Thursday, April 02, 2009

Fabric dreams..
I think I have a fabric addiction. I like making my own fabric, finding vintage fabric and buying new fabric. I could spend hours at a fabric shop, and spend all of my money on fabric. Thank goodness I have never won the lottery (I don't even play) because I would probably buy so much fabric it would bury me. Spoonflower, the amazing site dedicated to artist designing their own fabric has been my down fall. Everyday I think of a new fabric design that I want to make!
I also enjoy the hunt for amazing vintage fabrics! I am lucky to live in a rural area with many hidden treasures. Auctions, thrift stores, rummage sales reveal a spender of objects once loved.
This brings me to my latest finds! I happened on a stash of vintage fabrics at my local thrift store. Score! I walked away with a bag full of fabric and some exciting ideas! I found light pink linen, dark pink cotton, and the pièce de résistance ...this rose print (above)! I love it! The mustard and dark pink roses are to die for! I can't wait to use it, but I am scared to cut into it!
Another score was this blue brown and mustard mod vintage print. It reminds me of a peacock feather! I also got 2 pieces of mustard and blue heavy weight canvas. can't wait to get started on some bags, pillows and what have yous.
Ok, I guess that is enough drooling over vintage fabrics for now. I am planning on going to a huge auction next week. Cross your fingers for me!

Happy hunting!
xoxoxo



No comments: